Thursday 28 February 2013

A Prayer for Peace



I grew up in a typical Kenyan household where my mother would rain hell on us for even looking in the direction in which she put the much coveted sugar, honey or cookie jar. This woman could use curse words and religion ALL IN ONE SENTENCE ie "Lord give me the strength because I'm about to knock the hell out of this child...!" In my childishness I promised myself that in the dead of the night I would write to God asking him to "Take away this cup of pain and suffering" that is  bestowed upon this young soul and that I was ready for this land of milk and honey that is promised to me when I go home to heaven. I have come to love and admire this woman whom I fondly refer to as (Mother goose)  greatly just as I love my country Kenya. I have known no other home on earth for the past twenty years or so and I cannot help but go on my knees and pray for my nation during this election period.

We as a nation acknowledge God as our creator "Ehhh Mungu Nguvu Yetu" (Ooooh God of All Creation) which is the first line of our National Anthem. Let nobody rob us of our spiritual heritage, our peace, the love and unity that binds us together even as we cramp up together in a ramshackle of a "matatu" headed to God knows where. Let nobody rob us of our freedom to be able to awake at the brink of dawn and walk several kilometers to our workplaces read (Industial area) to find our bread and butter for our kindred. Let nobody rob us of the ability to passionately support the Gor Mahias , A.F.C Leopards and Rugby Sevens Team of our times. Let nobody rob us of our Peace Love and most importantly Unity.

As Thomas Jefferson prayed on March 4th 1805,


   "Almighty God, who has given us this good land for our heritage: We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners. Save us from violence, discord, and confusion, from pride and arrogance and from every evil way. Defend our liberties, and fashion into one united people the multitude brought hither out of many kindreds and tongues. Endow with Thy spirit wisdom those whom in Thy Name we entrust the authority of government, that there may be justice and peace at home, and that through obedience to Thy law, we may show forth Thy praise among the nations of earth. In time of prosperity fill our hearts with thankfulness, and in the day of trouble, suffer not our trust in Thee to fail; all of which we ask through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." 

One Nation One Tribe One People.....So help us God!

Blue  Peplum Top- Langata 
The leaf Necklace-Juvel Collection
The Black Pants-Eldoret
The Nude Tan Zara Bag-Gifted
The Nude Tan Chocolate Sharp Pointed Heels- Bata 







                                                                  

                                                                Mocha Chica!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment