Monday 14 July 2014

Suits



"Dressing well is a form of good manners" Tom Ford.

I actually have a day job that involves alot of dark suits and people going to jail or not. For all of you who have just started reading and wondering "how does she afford all those clothes?" I am here to dispel the myth and declare that I do pay my taxes from my hard earned salary as a Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a budget.

I have always wanted to be a lawyer and do not believe all the theatrics that happen in "Suits" and  "The Good Wife" it is way diffrent down there at Kibera Law Courts. So why not let you in on my almost daily dresscode down at the plantation.

Look people will always address you and most definitely judge you according to the way you are dressed. A suit commands some air of respect and confidence that a pair of jeans will not afford you. A three piece suit even better can get you a sure "Ma am" or "Mkubwa" and everything coming out of your mouth will sound intelligent even if it is not, fact.

My secret weapon is a good Tailor who can get the measurements around the hips right. It  needs to fit just right not to big and sloppy and not to tight and slutty it can also send the wrong message. My personal favorite the three piece ensemble because well it gives you this Harvey Spectra confidence and honestly it just looks hot. ( Yes I am shallow) 

My color suits rage from navy blue, dark grey, black and pinstriped.  Always spice it up the suit with colors to break the dark ensemble and throw on some red bottoms and you girl shall conquer the world.



Three Piece Black Suit- Tailor Made.
Christian Loubitoni Inspired Red Bottoms -Soni Shoes



I did this as part of my "Birthday Shoot" sometime last month and  I shall be sharing various looks with y'all. I worked with a very talented and humble photographer who you most definitely have to look up because darn he made me look good!

Photo Credits: The Boy OnThe Ledge

Stay Fabulous!

Mocha Chica!

3 comments:

  1. Yes Ma'am! looking good Alaka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... could I have your tailor's number?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why we should be sisters...I loveee♡♡

    ReplyDelete