Monday 12 August 2013

Bantu Knots

When it comes to my hair well I don't really experiment enough. I am a little conservative to say the least but when my pal walked in with those things on her head I knew I had to get them.

I like doing my hair a lot heck if I could weave, braid, put rollers like a pro who needs a salon. Of late I have noticed my hair is not growing. It worries me a lot because hair is every ladies crown read "Mwanamke ni Nywele". There is no way in hell I am going to chop it all off I am just going to work with what I got.

I have decided to go on a Hair Regiment once the  cold weather is over. Well most of what I will be embarking on will involve natural products and the sun does count a lot as it will step in as my substitute for the dryers and hot tongs that we use on our hair.

Over the long weekend I decide to give myself a test run on how my three months will be like.I just removed the bangs which I had on and decide treat my hair to homemade natural treatments. Hair is primarily made of protein. Protein Treatments are pricey at salons and getting them all the time can make you run you straight to the barber. Do no despair ladies you can make your own easily at home.

My ingredients list was as follows:
Avocado
Egg
Honey
Lemon

 Hair Wash List:
Venus -Moisture Infusion Conditioner
Venus -Anti-breakage Neutralizing Shampoo
Creme of Nature- Detangling Conditioning Shampoo


 Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. I used all the Avocado and the egg. 
If you do not like the smell of raw eggs add a little bit of lemon or lime juice ( with the lemon juice make sure you sieve out the juice as you pour it into the bowl so that you do not have little lemon strands all over your hair. 
 Add a tea spoon on the honey and mix until the mixture is even mashed up.


 My hair after I removed my weave.


 I love to wash my own hair as I shower. The feel of water running down my whole body....mmmh!! Just does it for me! 
I normally use two kinds of Shampoos because you cannot get all the ingredients in one bottle then I condition my hair.


 Take your Avocado Mix and apply evenly on the hair and cover with a shower cap for 30 to 45 minutes.



  Wash off the treatment. Trust me my hair feels different and lovely.

 Getting my Bantu Knots done after my hair treatment. 
Please note that I have not used any heat on my hair. I towel dried it and roamed around the house for 30 minutes then she stared doing the knots.


 Meet my ever glowing Hair Stylist Jenny. She is my good pal and she is the one who did my knots. If you need a details let me know trust me it was worth my holiday!!
 Well look what we have here.....I keep staring at this pic in amazement. I got my make-up done by Rose of Make-Up by Rose Check out her page!  I keep looking at myself at the mirror wondering if this is for real. She really is something . I think we need to do a make up party ladies soon. what do you think? 

                                       MOCHA CHICA!




4 comments:

  1. Bantu Knots huh! keep seeing ladies with that hairstyle but been wondering how it's done, thank you for the information.You look stunning, love the make-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kare darling. Thank you girl! Look out for a Make up Party sooner rather than later!

      Delete
  2. How much does she charge for the knots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is her number. She is called Jenny call her and tell her I sent you thanks for stopping by! 0727598447

      Delete